What is a thread lift?
Our Kew thread lift is a minimally invasive facelifting technique that enhances the texture of sagging skin using surgical suture threads. It helps improve the contour of your face while tightening and rejuvenating the skin. This treatment is best used to combat sagging skin on the face and neck.
Thread Lift Procedure
During your consultation, your cosmetic doctor will assess the condition of your skin and the extent of its sagging state. A very comprehensive evaluation will be discussed and explained to you thoroughly including how the procedure will be performed and how your skincare goals will be acheived.
Our skin clinic in Kew aims to create a treatment plan that works well with your skin condition. We will work with you from consultation until we acheive your beauty goals most effectively and reliably. We will also entertain all of your questions to give you a clear view of the entire process and to ensure successful lasting results.
Before the procedure begins, your cosmetic doctor will determine the areas that needed enhancement. The skin is repositioned in the direction which will exude a more natural look after the treatment. After careful evaluation, your doctor will mark the points for repositioning.
Once the treatment area is prepared, local anesthetics will be applied to help reduce any discomfort during the procedure. Aside from eliminating pain and discomfort, anesthetics can also help reduce bleeding, hence, lesser bruising.
During the procedure, surgical suture threads are passed from the hairline right behind your ear to the areas that need lifting. The selected repositioning of the skin serves as the guide where the thread is passed. The procedure uses a long thin cannula to guide the thread in passing through the right direction according to the repositioning of the skin. The cannula is also used to pull the skin backwards, hence, producing the lifting effect.
The procedure may last for about thirty minutes to one hour depending on the areas affected, the severity of skin sagging, and the repositioning of the skin. After the lifting process, the cannula is removed and your skin will feel a little tight underneath.
Since thread lift procedures are minimally invasive, you will also feel minimal downtimes including some swelling and bruising but will subside in the next few hours. Right after the procedure, you can drive home or return to work immediately.
Thread lift procedures can be combined with other cosmetic treatments such as Botox, dermal fillers, and laser treatments. These procedures help boost the texture and structure of the skin while promoting natural youthful-looking skin.
Thread Lift Aftercare
The threads may take a few weeks to settle in place and they will gradually dissolve and integrate with the skin tissues over time. Your cosmetic doctor will provide an aftercare list to help you during the recovery period.
Here are some things you may want to consider reducing the risk of complications during your period of recovery:
- If you have scheduled dental surgeries, it is best to ask your dentist to reschedule them.
- You should avoid any rigorous physical activities that may worsen the swelling of the treated areas.
- The key to fast healing is ample rest, hence, you should avoid excessive facial movements.
- Make sure to sleep on your back for the next one to two weeks.
- Prevent yourself from taking facial massages for one month to ensure the best optimum results and avert any misalignment of the thread that will adversely affect the results of the treatment.
- Limit speaking for the next twenty-four hours following the procedure to allow the affected areas to heal faster.
- It is highly recommended to follow a strict soft diet and take plenty of liquids twenty-four hours after the procedure. You should also avoid chewing solid foods.
It is essential to follow these guidelines strictly to ensure effective results. On average, thread lift procedures can last between one to three years. You may visit our clinic in Kew for another skin tightening treatment to help maintain the texture and structure of your skin.
Benefits of Thread Lift
Thread lift treatments are an advanced technique in enhancing and redefining facial structures without the need for surgical procedures.
Here are the benefits of getting a thread lift procedure in our Kew skin clinic:
- It helps combat jowls, drooping brows, sagging cheeks, and loosened skin on the neck;
- It provides a more defined jawline and neck contour;
- Thread lift procedures help revitalize sun-damaged skin;
- This treatment also helps reverse signs of aging;
- It helps refurbish loss volume in the cheeks;
- It reduces manifestations of nasolabial folds;
- This treatment can also help stimulate the production of collagen in the skin;
- It pumps up the volume in the eyebrow region;
- The procedure only lasts for about an hour with very minimal downtimes;
- It does not require lengthy hospital stays as compared to surgical lifting procedures;
- It does not show any tell-tale signs of facelifting; and
- Thread lifting provides temporary but lasting results.
Types of Thread Lift Treatments
This type of thread lift relies on polydioxanone or PDO for the safe absorption of the body. These are barbed, straight, or curved smooth sutures ideal for heavy lifting action. NovaThreads are also excellent for stimulating the production of collagen in the skin.
Similar to NovaThreads, Silhouette InstaLift relies on the biocompatible material, PDO. This type of thread lift is more focused on lifting the skin that addresses different sagging concerns. Silhouette InstaLift uses threads that contain several sutures interspersed with tiny “cones” that instinctively grab more skin tissues.
PDO, PLLA and PCL Threads
Polydioxanone or PDO thread is one of the most commonly used as a surgical suture which lasts for about six months before it totally dissolves. This thread has been extensively used in most biomedical applications for decades now. PDO is primarily used in producing high quality dissolvable surgical sutures.
Poly-L-Lactic Acid or PLLA and Polycaprolactone or PCL threads are also used as surgical sutures but have greater longevity than PDO. The lasting longevity of PLLA and PCL helps stimulate the production of collagen for a longer period.
Your skin will immediately feel “lifted” as your sagging skin is repositioned through the procedure. Once these sutures are dissolved, they break down into glucose, carbon dioxide and water.
Our Thread Lift Treatment in Kew
The process of aging may be accompanied by wrinkles and skin sagging but these can be treated by our thread lift procedure in our Kew skin clinic. Our thread lift treatment is a non-surgical procedure that aims to tighten sagging skin as it provides a younger-looking contour to the face.
At Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors, we use only the highest quality of products and the most advanced skincare technology. We develop treatment plans that are tailored to acheive your desired skin appearance and texture.
Visit SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors today and try our thread lift Kew for a tighter skin texture and more prominent face contours!