If you are contemplating whether to undergo the surgical rhinoplasty or the liquid nose job, we’ve outlined the key differences between the two to make it easier for you.
What is a surgical rhinoplasty?
Surgical rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery procedure designed to correct or reconstruct the size, shape, or width of your nose. It is performed by a plastic surgeon and typically takes 1-2 hours to complete. Patients will require at least 7-10 days off work to recover and will experience some bruising and swelling for several weeks.
What is a non-surgical rhinoplasty?
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a noninvasive procedure that uses dermal fillers to alter the shape of the nose without going under the knife hastily. Nose bumps and indentations can be camouflaged, nasal contouring can be achieved with little to no downtime. The results of the cosmetic procedure can be seen immediately.
The key differences between the two cosmetic procedures
- Rhinoplasty alters with plastic surgery whereas a non-surgical rhinoplasty uses dermal fillers.
- Rhinoplasty is performed under general anesthetic in a hospital by a plastic surgeon. An injectable nose rhinoplasty is performed at a cosmetic clinic by a cosmetic doctor.
- Rhinoplasty takes 1-2 hours to complete while a non-surgical nose rhinoplasty is completed in as little as 30 minutes.
- Recovery time for rhinoplasty patients requires at least 7-10 days that comes with swelling and bruising and subsides after a couple of weeks. Nose filler treatments have no downtime and results can be seen right away.
- The cost of injectable rhinoplasty is significantly less than the surgical rhinoplasty.
- Rhinoplasty is a permanent solution whereas nose fillers last up to 12 months.
- While both procedures enhance your facial appearance, non-surgical rhinoplasty is best for reshaping minor irregularities and contouring.
- Non Surgical rhinoplasty has reduced risks and side effects when compared to plastic nose surgery.
- Rhinoplasty may correct functional issues, and a non-surgical nose job is purely for cosmetic aesthetics.