Dermal fillers may be the perfect answer for those wanting to get their youthful radiance back. Facial fillers are used to make thin lips look plumper, enhance contour areas that have lost volume, decrease the appearance of wrinkles and creases, and fill in recessed scars.
Dr. Sharma will administer dermal filler through a small injection in areas where there are areas need to be softened or look fuller. Temporary fillers last from 6 months to 1 year and are usually made of hyaluronic acid.
What to do:
- Go to a medical doctor certified by Australian College of Aesthetic Medicine (ACAM) and the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners/Cosmetic Physician and specializes cosmetics or surgery to receive any kind of filler injection.
- Research on the different kinds of fillers and have knowledge of the type of fillers your professional will be using.
- Set expectations about the treatment but be realistic. Non-surgical procedures provide great results, but have different outcomes from surgery.
- Inform the doctor all medications (including vitamins, supplements, and herbal medications) you are currently on as some can interfere with the healing process.
- Don’t be afraid to questions. Be proactive in asking if you have any concerns about anything regarding the procedure.
- Dermal fillers can be combined with other treatments for the best results. Only go to a certified and highly experienced doctor to find out whether you can benefit from any of the treatments.
What not to do:
- Do not base your decision on where you can have it done inexpensively.
- Do not let uncertified any medical professionals to administer your dermal filler injection. Even this treatment is only temporary, there have been reports of people who had complications, disfigurement, and nerve damage after being injected with black market dermal fillers.
- Do not be afraid of the procedure. There are available numbing creams to minimize any discomfort. Only trust a licensed and trained medical professional who has performed many filler treatments to ensure safety and provide amazing results.
- Avoid taking any medication that acts as a blood thinner prior to or immediately after the treatment as it can result in bruising.
- Avoid consuming alcohol or smoking and or do engage in strenuous activities 24 hours following the procedure. These can cause bruising.