What are Lip Fillers?
Lip fillers are one of the most common lip enhancement treatments in this modern world. This treatment provides overwhelming results for Kew residents who want plumper and more defined lips. Lip filler treatments can also restore youthful pouts while promoting symmetry between your upper and lower lips.
These injectable lip treatments can also be used as a lip augmentation technique for people with thin lips. Several kinds of lip fillers can be used for lip enhancement procedures but the most common is that which contains hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid is a plant-derived substance that is similar that that found in the body. It is responsible for the production of collagen and elastin in the body. Similarly, the hyaluronic acid found in lip fillers can help stimulate collagen production to keep the lips plump and hydrated.
Lip filler treatments are the safest and most effective lip enhancement technique compared to fat injections and implants. Although lip fillers provide temporary results, they can be long-lasting and reliable.
Lip Filler Procedure in Kew
All our Kew lip fillers are performed by experienced and licensed cosmetic doctors in our Kew skin clinic. We ensure a clean, safe, and friendly environment to help patients feel at ease and comfortable. The lip filler procedure takes about fifteen to thirty minutes with little to no downtime.
Before the filler injections are administered, a numbing cream like local anesthetics or topical sedative to reduce any pain or discomfort. Other lip fillers contain a dose of a sedative known as lidocaine. These types of injections are typically recommended for patients with low pain threshold.
When the numbing cream has taken effect, the appropriate amount of fillers are injected on the injection sites of the lips. The procedure uses tiny needles that helps gradually administer the lip fillers. The gradual injection process helps stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the lips.
The number of filler injections depends on the volume suited for your lips. We will work with you to help you acheive the lip plumpness and contour that you desire. After the Lip filler treatment, you can drive home or return to work immediately. You will be given a list of aftercare regimens that you should follow religiously for a more optimum result.
Is lip filler the right treatment for you?
The use of hyaluronic acid in lip fillers work and focus on the superficial layers of the lips. Lip fillers slowly integrate with your lip tissues while promoting hydration, volume, and smoothness. It also allows oxygen to flow freely in your lips.
You can discuss the outcome with your trusted cosmetic doctors in Kew to ensure that you get the results that you desire. Your cosmetic doctor will also discuss the benefits of getting a lip filler. In case, your cosmetic doctor deems fit that another treatment is more appropriate for your lip condition or it is best to combine lip fillers with another procedure, the advantages of doing so will be discussed with you in detail.
It is also essential to understand the extent of lip filler that can be administered to your lips. It is also important to know the realistic expectations of the outcome. It is best to listen to your doctor’s professional advice and avoid overfilling your lips.
Before getting a lip filler treatment, you have to make sure that you are in good health. Patients with diabetes, lupus, oral herpes, and blood clotting may be prevented from getting lip filler treatments. If you have allergic reactions to sedatives, it is best to tell your cosmetic doctors, as some lip fillers contain lidocaine. It is also necessary to disclose any medications you may have been taking, including over-the-counter medicines and supplements.
Lip Filler Aftercare
To ensure the optimum results of your lip filler treatment, it is best to follow the DOs and DON’Ts guidelines after the treatment.
- Your lips will likely be swollen after the treatment, especially at the injection sites. This is a normal aftereffect but will subside within a few hours. You may apply an ice pack or a cooling gel pad to help subside the swelling and bruising.
- Avoid doing strenuous physical activities or exercises within the next twenty-four to forty-eight hours. Increased blood pressure and heart rate from the activity may induce more swelling and bruising.
- Stay hydrated at all times. Drinking plenty of fluids can help your lips heal faster.
- Eat healthy and nutritious foods like fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid eating food with too much sodium as it may worsen swelling.
- Avoid high temperatures like steam rooms or saunas for forty-eight hours after the lip filler procedure. Too much heat can also aggravate the swelling.
- Take pain relievers that are prescribed by your cosmetic doctors and avoid taking other medications unless advised by your doctor. You should also avoid taking blood-thinning medicines after the lip filler treatment.
- If you are getting a lip filler for a certain event, make sure to get the treatment about two weeks from the date of the event. This will allow your lip fillers to settle in your lips just in time for the event.
- Avoid sleeping face down and sleep on your back with elevated pillows. This can help reduce the swelling while promoting fast healing.
- Prevent yourself from applying lip makeup for the next twenty-four hours. Lip makeup may have contents that may adversely affect your lip fillers.
- Avoid travelling through a plane within one week from the procedure as the pressure of flying high can cause the swelling and bruising to worsen.
When will your lip filler acheive its final look?
As much as lip fillers have minimal downtime, the results are noticeable immediately. However, it will get pronounced once the swelling subsides. It typically takes about four weeks for the filler to settle in as it gradually integrates with your lip tissues. When this happens, the final and your desired results will be achieved. Lip filler treatments usually last for about six months to two years.
Choose the Best Lip Filler Provider in Kew
Lip filler treatments are fast, safe, and effective. Our skin clinic in Kew provides the best lip filler procedure that can remarkably improve the volume, suppleness, and shape of your lips. SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors is the leading provider of lip fillers and other skincare procedures in Kew.
We will work with you to create a unique treatment plan that is specific to your lip condition. We are here to help enhance the plumpness and texture of your lips while boosting your self-esteem.
Get those perfect pouts with lip fillers Kew while promoting smoother and softer lips! Visit SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors today!