Our Lip fillers Brighton is an injectable lip enhancement technique that creates that luscious volume on your lips. It helps clear your lips from fine lines and dryness as it stimulates the production of collagen and elastin underneath your lips.
Lip filler procedures are fast, easy, and safe to administer. On average, it takes only about twenty minutes to unfold plumper and more pronounced lips. These lip filler injections consist mainly of hyaluronic acid. This is a substance that works similarly to that of hyaluronic acid naturally found in the body.
How does hyaluronic acid work in lip fillers?
As the lip fillers are gradually injected into your lips, the hyaluronic contents stimulate the production of collagen and elastin which promote the hydration and suppleness of the lips. The uses of hyaluronic acid in lip fillers can help improve the appearance of your lips by adding shape, volume and structure.
Some lip fillers also contain lidocaine. This is a type of sedative that helps alleviate any pain or discomfort that patients may feel during the procedure. Lidocaine works well with hyaluronic acid and is safe and effective. However, if you have allergic reactions to anesthetics or sedatives, it is essential that you disclose this with your cosmetic surgeon.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Lip Fillers
The hyaluronic acid in fillers helps support the desired shape, volume and structure of your lips.
Here are the amazing benefits of lip fillers with hyaluronic acid:
- It can be controlled: The amount of lip fillers needed to be injected can be controlled according to the desired volume or plumpness of the lips. Your trusted cosmetic doctors in Brighton will work with you to ensure that you get the perfect pouts out of your pretty lips.
- Workaround a treatment plan: Lip filler treatments can be done gradually in different sessions until the desired shape and volume is acheived. You may choose to plump up your lips slowly and regularly rather than getting it in one appointment. This way, the appearance can be maintained and improved over time.
- No bumps and lumps: Bumps and lumps are normal right after the procedure but these will subside within the next twenty-four to forty-eight hours. The bumps and lumps are created by the injected fillers which will gradually dissolve as the substance settles in your lips.
- Less swelling and bruising: HA works in the same way as that of the natural collagen-producing agent in your body, hence, it works well with your lip tissues. Thus, there may be less swelling and bruising.
- Reasonably lasting results: Although the results of lip fillers are not forever, it has reasonably long-lasting results. The results typically last between six to twelve months. Although some lip fillers can last up to two years.
- Allergic reactions are unlikely to happen: Since hyaluronic acid lip fillers are a plant-derived substance that works the same way as that which is found in the human body, it is less likely to produce any adverse reaction. However, hyaluronic acid lip fillers may contain lidocaine which may be the source of an adverse effect. Thus, it is best to disclose any allergies or medical conditions to your cosmetic doctors during consultation.
What to expect after your lip filler procedure?
As much as the lip filler procedure is fast and easy to administer, aftercare regimens are also simple to follow. You just have to make sure that you religiously comply with the DOs and DON’Ts to ensure optimum and lasting results.
DO’s Immediately After the Procedure
Make sure to apply a cold compress onto your lips to help reduce any pain and discomfort and to control the swelling and bruising. However, avoid too much pressure to ensure that the fillers stay in place.
Another way to reduce the swelling is to hydrate yourself. Drink about eight glasses of water daily. HA helps retain the fluids in the lips to boost the suppleness and plumpness of your skin.
Just like any other cosmetic procedure, it is important to keep the affected area away from firm pressure. Thus, it is highly advisable that you sleep on your back with a pillow to support an appropriate recline position on the head.
DON’Ts During Your Recovery Period
Although hyaluronic acid lip filler treatments have little to no downtime, it is important to note the things you should avoid during the next two weeks or so to ensure that the fillers would settle in the right place.
Here are some lip filler aftercare DON’Ts that you may need to consider:
- Don’t use lipstick or lip makeup for the time being;
- Avoid physical activities or exercises that need excessive effort or force;
- Prevent yourself from drinking alcohol-based beverages as they result in dehydration;
- Don’t go to places with extremely high temperature like steam baths;
- Avoid smoking as this may increase the risks of filler migration and excessive swelling;
- Prevent yourself from travelling that requires taking flights from one place to another as the air pressure may worsen the bruises and swelling in your lips; and
- Don’t take medications that can cause blood-thinning.
The benefits of lip fillers typically outweigh any risks which are also very rare. Adverse aftereffects are usually caused by neglect of the proper aftercare guidelines provided by cosmetic doctors. Thus, it is important to thoroughly follow the list of aftercare tips that your cosmetic doctor will provide.
Your Professional Lip Filler Provider in Brighton
SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors is your trusted provider of lip filler and other skincare procedures in Brighton. The accommodating and comfortable environment in our skin clinic provides an exceptional experience while producing proven results in lip filler treatments. All our treatments are performed by experienced and licensed cosmetic doctors who are highly trained to ensure reliable and reasonably long-lasting results.
We will work with you until we acheive the reality of the look that you have been dreaming of. Your cosmetic doctor will help you create a lip filler treatment plan that works well with your lip condition as well as your schedule. We ensure an invigorated feeling as you walk out of our Brighton skin clinic after a quick, safe, and effective lip filler treatment.
Let our Brighton lip fillers help you create a reality for the pouty lips you are dreaming of, visit SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors today!