Hate how your chin just knows how to effectively ruin every one of your photos? It is like your chin has a mind and a mission of its own. Your chin is making the lower half of your face look like Donald duck, and you are feeling very self-conscious about all your photos. We understand, and some of us even relate with you.
Yes, this is a problem. No, you should not be stressing out about this anymore. There are so many cosmetic procedures nowadays to correct and reshape any part of your face and body according to your personal aesthetic goals. Let’s worry about global warming instead of tiny things like this.
At Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors, here in Melbourne, our experts will carefully listen to your problems and your goals and then determine what kind of treatment will suit your predicament the best. There are several methods for correcting the shape and size of your chin, which can change the entire look of your lower face such as chin augmentation surgery or genioplasty, chin liposuction, dermal fillers for your chin, kybella injections for removing the fat under your chin and several others.
If you feel like your chin is lacking in volume, your doctor may suggest you to get a jaw augmentation surgery or a genioplasty. A genioplasty Will add volume to your Chin and reshape the whole area of your lower face appropriately.
In the general traditional sense, genioplasty is an invasive surgical procedure, but with so many new advancements in the field of medical technologies, Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors also offer a non-surgical genioplasty as also an option nowadays. The non-surgical genioplasty has also proven itself to be a relatively safer procedure, with chances of much lower risks than the surgical chin augmentation.
The non-surgical genioplasty here at Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors uses dermal fillers to contour the shape of your chin. The dermal fillers used in a liquid rhinoplasty consist of HA, which has proven itself to be both safer and more effective than surgery. These are the same dermal fillers that are also used on your cheeks and lips. These fillers stimulate collagen production and improve the shape of the injected area.
Are you intrigued yet? Good! So let us look at some of the pros and cons of a genioplasty,
- Balance in facial proportions and more pronounced features
- Reduction of a prominent chin
- This procedure corrects any deformity in the chin
- Increases your confidence by meeting your aesthetic goals
- If you are getting traditional chin implants, it is good to remember that you can choose the shape and size of the implants
- Chin implants can also be removed very easily if you do not like the results.
- After a genioplasty, you will feel much more symmetry in your facial features.
- It supplements and enhances a weak or receding chin.
- Genioplasty is an easy and almost risk-free procedure and can be performed in an outpatient clinic.
- Non-surgical genioplasty can also be clubbed with other treatments if your doctor approves of it.
- Chin augmentations can cause numbness on your lower face for 2 – 4 weeks after the surgery.
- Some bruising and swelling can occur after the treatment, which will fade within a few days.
- Results of the procedure are not visible immediately, as the fillers need time to settle and fill out. You will see full results in about a month.
- The patient must keep their expectations from a genioplasty very realistic, and understand that the results may not be completely satisfactory.
Our experts at Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors, here in Melbourne will guide you more on this procedure. Contact today!