Excessive sweating or Hyperhidrosis is the peculiar extreme perspiration that is not wholly related to heat or too much work. This condition lets you sweat too much that it soaks through your shirt or socks, and sometimes it drips off your hands.
People who suffer from hyperhidrosis may experience embarrassment that is detrimental to their confidence. This can also affect how they socialize and for others, it affects how they manage activities at work. Indeed, besides disrupting a person’s normal daily life, excessive sweating can cause social anxiety and humiliation.
As part of daily hygiene, you may start combatting hyperhidrosis by using antiperspirants that you can buy over-the-counter or at your favourite beauty bar or supermarket.
Home Remedies to Control Excessive Sweating
When shopping for antiperspirants, it is essential to read the label for its contents. Some antiperspirants may contain parabens, diethanolamine, triethanolamine, triclosan, and other harmful chemicals that may worsen your sweating condition or may result in side effects. It is best to seek the recommendation of experienced and licensed cosmetic doctors for the most appropriate antiperspirant that suits your skin type.
While you are exploring several antiperspirants, you may try the following home remedies to help fight excessive sweating:
- Avoid wearing heavy and thick clothes that will cause you to perspire a lot and will trap sweat. Getting soaked in sweat may cause the sweat to interact with the bacteria that thrive on your skin and which may result in body odour. Choose light and breathable fabrics such as cotton and silk. Remember to bring along an extra shirt and a small towel whenever you go outside.
- Shower or bathe every day and use an antibacterial soap to help control the growth of bacteria that may inhabit your sweaty skin which in turn may result in unwanted body odours. You may also take a bath twice a day to ensure that you would feel fresh before you start your day and before you hit the sack. Remember to dry yourself completely after a bath and do not forget to apply your antiperspirant.
- Use absorbent materials to help minimize soaking yourself from sweaty clothes. This includes underarm liners, hand gloves, and shoe inserts.
- Slow down on spicy foods. If you are experiencing excessive sweating, it may be for your own good to avoid getting a double jalapeno on your favourite Mexican foods. Prevent yourself from eating hot and spicy foods, alcohol-based beverages, hot drinks such as coffee and tea.
When is the right time to consult a cosmetic doctor?
Excessive sweating is not a life and death kind of thing but it may gravely affect your lifestyle.
Imagine this, you are in a job fair, all dressed up and everything, however, you were so anxious that you started sweating hard. Would you be confident enough to undergo interviews while being soaked in sweat?
Other people may also find it difficult to accomplish their task, especially when it involves extreme physical exertion or simply gripping and holding objects. Picture yourself in a golf course. A cool breeze of air engulfing your surroundings but your hands are all sweaty and slippery. Do you think you will have self-conviction to hit the ball at least within the greens?
These are just a couple of instances when excessive sweating may adversely affect you and the quality of your life. Although there is no way to measure the extent of “excessive” or “too much” sweating, it is crucial to evaluate whether or not your sweating causes problems or distress.
Here are some challenges that people suffering from excessive sweating experience:
- They tend to avoid shaking hands as they are afraid that the other party may feel gawky during and after the handshake.
- Some people may find it difficult to establish romantic relationships since they feel ashamed that over sweating may cause queasiness to their partner.
- Frequent changing of clothes due to axillary perspiration and over sweating of the armpits are truly cumbersome.
- Other individuals have challenges in writing because the pen tends to slip or the paper becomes soaked from their sweaty hands.
- Most people with hyperhidrosis miss out on social gatherings or important events simply because they feel that they might humiliate themselves due to excessive sweating.
These are just a few facts that hyperhidrosis sufferers seem to ignore or disregard. When excessive sweating starts to get in the way of your activities, it may be the best time to visit your trusted cosmetic doctors for a Kew excessive sweating treatment.
Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Kew
Hyperhidrosis typically starts during the adolescence stage since this is when body changes occur the most. This condition usually happens in the palms, soles, underarms, and face. Although hyperhidrosis seems to have negative effects on those who suffer from it, most never sought proper treatment. This is because some of them are unaware that excessive sweating can be treated. Others are also not familiar with the available treatment that can help alleviate their condition.
The most common “first aid” treatment for hyperhidrosis is antiperspirants. You can either purchase over-the-counter or prescription antiperspirants for the initial treatment of excessive sweating. Antiperspirants contain an aluminium salt-based solution that helps block the sweat glands from expelling too much perspiration.
Over-the-counter antiperspirants can help reduce sweating for mild hyperhidrosis. It can be applied to sweaty hands, feet, and armpits. You can also apply it after a bath in the morning and before going to bed.
When you are experiencing mild to moderate hyperhidrosis and over-the-counter antiperspirant just does not work, it is best to ask for your cosmetic doctor’s prescription for a higher-strength antiperspirant.
If antiperspirants do not give you the results you desire, you may try the more advanced technique of anti-wrinkle injections. You may raise an eyebrow at me but this treatment is one of the best techniques that can combat hyperhidrosis.
Anti-wrinkle injections work by relaxing the muscles where the nerve endings responsible for stimulating sweat glands are located. When this happens, the nerves are blocked from sending chemical signals to the sweat glands to excrete excessive perspiration.
Is an anti-wrinkle treatment safe for treating hyperhidrosis?
Anti-wrinkle injections have a good track record for safety and effectiveness in providing not just wrinkle-free skin but also other medical concerns including muscle spasms. Using anti-wrinkle injections as an option to treat hyperhidrosis exhibit satisfactory results without any history of side effects.
Your Go-To Skin Clinic for Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Kew
As much as there are different types of skin and severity of hyperhidrosis, we offer a Personalised treatment plan to help solve your excessive sweating problems. SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors in Kew offers the most effective hyperhidrosis treatment to help you get through life without worrying about excessive sweating.
Our anti-wrinkle injections tailored to combat hyperhidrosis is guaranteed safe, effective, and reliable. We aim to provide the most appropriate solution to ease your sweating discomforts and help boost your self-confidence.
Let us help you flaunt your sweat-free fresh-looking skin, Visit SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors today and try our excessive sweating treatment Kew!