Many people consider dermal fillers to give a fresh-faced and full-lipped look at all times, whatever the occasion. Dermal fillers are non-surgical cosmetic treatments that rose in popularity amongst celebrities, models, and social media influencers.
Dermal fillers are known for restoring volume loss in the skin effectively. But aside from plumping up lips and smoothing out the forehead, they are also used to treat and ward off fine lines around the mouth and eyes and to give shape and definition on the cheeks, chins, and jawlines. For a successful enhancement of your facial features, dermal fillers need to be performed by an experienced cosmetic doctor to provide you with a more natural look with very minimal to no side effects.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Filler Treatments
Heavy doses of Anti Wrinkle Injections on the face results in a pillow-like, distorted appearance. Unfortunately, this is a common consequence of treatments done by unqualified or inexperienced people. Here is a list of the top do’s and don’ts to avoid terrible outcomes of dermal filler cosmetic procedures and facial rejuvenation.
- Ensure to seek treatment only with a highly experienced cosmetic doctor only.
- Request to view the before and after photos of their past clients to give you an understanding of the work they do.
- Discuss the type of fillers they use in the treatment. HA (HA) dermal fillers are most advisable.
- Follow the post-treatment aftercare guide that will be provided for a better healing process and minimize side effects.
- Book an appointment a month or two in advance prior to big events.
- Get a treatment at an injectable party which is performed by unqualified injectors and in unsanitary environments.
- Drink alcohol at least 24 hours before and after the cosmetic procedure because it’ll have blood-thinning and dehydration effects.
- Go too far and overfill the injection site to create a fake look.
- Undergo filler treatment when pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Take over-the-counter pain medications such as Ibuprofen, Aleve, Aspirin before the procedure. If you are taking medications, please discuss these with your chosen injector.
- Participate in strenuous exercise after injectable fillers as it can compromise your results and delay the healing process by causing further swelling and bruising.