What is excessive sweating?
Excessive sweating treatment in melbourne is a sweat gland disorder that produces perspiration beyond the body’s normal capacity. This condition is otherwise known as hyperhidrosis. People who suffer from hyperhidrosis would sweat too much for apparently no reason. Some would even sweat even in cold weather.
Excess sweating may occur in particular parts of the body like the face, underarms, palms, and feet. Hyperhidrosis in the underarms is called axillary hyperhidrosis. Overly sweaty palms are otherwise known as palmar hyperhidrosis while excessive sweating of the feet is termed as plantar hyperhidrosis.
Perspiration-related problems usually start during adolescence and pursue until adulthood. When excessive sweating is left untreated, these problems may continue throughout your lifetime. The downside of excessive sweating is the negative effect that it may cause you socially, physically, and emotionally.
Why does excessive sweating happen?
Sweating naturally happens as a response to the nervous system triggers that stimulate the sweat glands to produce sweat as a means to cool down the body. The common triggers of sweating are physical activities, emotional distress, and high temperatures.
Excessive sweating happens when the nerves become overactive stimulating the sweat glands to excrete perspiration even when the temperature is low or when you are inactive. Just imagine if people suffering from this condition are engaged in vigorous activities, live in the desert, or are in stressful situations.
Excessive sweating in certain body parts is categorized as focal hyperhidrosis while excessive sweating that affects the entire body is classified as generalized hyperhidrosis. In most cases, this condition is hereditary.
Other causes of excessive sweating include neurologic, endocrine, infectious, and other systemic diseases. However, inexplicably, hyperhidrosis happens to those who are otherwise healthy.
How can you prevent excessive sweating from occurring?
One of the best solutions to excessive sweating is the use of antiperspirants. These products can be purchased over-the-counter or under your cosmetic doctor’s prescription. Just be wary about over-the-counter antiperspirants as they may contain harsh chemicals like parabens, diethanolamine, triethanolamine, and triclosan. These harmful chemicals may either worsen your hyperhidrosis or result in complications such as allergies and other skin conditions.
The use of antiperspirants can give you a temporary solution to excessive sweating, hence, changes to some of your daily activities may help alleviate the risks of having an overly sweat-soaked body.
Here are some suggested lifestyle changes that you may want to consider:
- Stay clear of spicy and chilli foods, alcohol-based beverages, hot drinks like coffee, cocoa, and tea, and other food that may trigger your sweat glands.
- Wear lightweight materials and avoid synthetic fabrics. It can also help if you wear something loose instead of body-fitting clothes.
- Change your clothes regularly and wash them immediately. Make sure to dry your clothes properly to ward off body odour and sweat patches.
- Find and wear shoes and socks that are made from natural materials. There are footwear materials that help draw moisture away from the feet like cotton, bamboo, and linen.
- Try looking for underarm liners, cotton gloves, and absorbent shoe inserts from your favourite sports house as these can help alleviate excessive sweating.
- If you are a steam bath enthusiast, it is best to pass up on any vouchers as this may worsen your hyperhidrosis.
While these lifestyle changes may help reduce excessive sweating, having your trusted cosmetic doctors check on your condition can help treat your sweating disorders. They can also recommend the best Malvern excessive sweating treatment for you.
Seeking the Help of Your Cosmetic Doctor Near Malvern
How do you know that your excessive sweating needs professional help?
Here are some clues:
- When you start getting overly soaked in sweat which can be seen through sweat patches on your shirt, pants, or socks;
- If excessive sweating occurs on your face or hands, you may end up keeping sweat-soaked hankies or towelettes in your pocket;
- When you find it irrational to sweat in cold weather;
- If a cool breeze is dominating yet you sweat a lot even just by sitting on a bench;
- You sweat terribly at night that you soak through your sheets; and
- Your excessive sweating is accompanied by chest pain, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, fever, or unintentional weight loss.
Although some people never sought relief from hyperhidrosis, there are cosmetic and clinical ways to alleviate this condition. A systematic evaluation of the causes and triggers of your hyperhidrosis will be made to create the most appropriate treatment plan suitable for your needs.
What is the best treatment for excessive sweating?
Some cosmetic doctors may recommend iontophoresis, MyraDry system, Botox, or surgery. Our experienced and licensed cosmetic doctors near Malvern may recommend the administration of anti-wrinkle injections to reduce and prevent heavy perspiration.
While this may come as a surprise to you, anti-wrinkle injections provide amazing results in combatting hyperhidrosis. It contains nerve-blocking agents that hamper the nerves from sending chemical signals that stimulate the sweat glands to produce perspiration in large amounts.
On average, this treatment lasts for about eight months but may continue to provide relief for up to twelve months. Although the results are relatively temporary, it offers immediate results that are safe and effective.
Skin Clinic Treating Excessive Sweating for Malvern Residents
Body odour and hygiene are an integral part of your lifestyle. It is easier and more comfortable to get through the day when you are sweat-free and feeling fresh all the time. Thus, experiencing excessive sweating can be detrimental to your everyday life.
SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors offers the most comprehensive hyperhidrosis treatments for Malvern residents. We provide quality, safe, effective, and reliable anti-wrinkle treatments designed to alleviate your woes on excessive sweating.
Our team of highly trained and competent cosmetic doctors will work with you to help eliminate excessive sweating on your face, hands, armpits, or feet. We aim to help our patients rebuild their once-lost confidence to face the world heads up with no worries about over perspiring.
Sweat no further, visit SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors and try our excessive sweating treatment Malvern to enjoy a soak-free day!