Are you one of those who smile with their eyes?
If you are, then just smile!
There is nothing more amiable than seeing the people around you smiling looking happy and sunny.
Look at the mirror, if you see crow’s feet without making any expression, that is called static wrinkles. However, if your crow’s feet appear only when you smile, that is called dynamic wrinkles.
Crow’s feet apparently develop when you smile a lot but these facial lines are evidence of authentic and spontaneous emotional response. So before you hamper yourself from true joys and happiness, remember that crow’s feet are the natural aging response to your real feelings. Also, smiling, laughing, and squinting are not the only reason why crow’s feet are developing around your eyes.
Human beings are known to be emotional, hence, every emotion that radiates to your facial expression leads to the development of fine lines and crow’s feet. When you frown, exasperate, sigh, and pout, they contribute to the natural response of wrinkles and fine lines.
How can I continue smiling yet prevent crow’s feet from developing?
Skin regimens are part of personal health care routines that you should observe daily. This is one way of helping yourself maintain a young-looking and healthy body. Part of these health care routines and skin regimens include food habits.
What you eat radiates through your skin. Eating healthy and vitamin-rich foods can help you maintain smooth, firm, and healthy skin. Some of these foods have nutritional benefits that can slow down skin aging, hence, reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet even if you keep on smiling.
On top of the list is ensuring proper hydration of your body. In as much as your body is made up of 64% water, keeping it hydrated induces moisture-building in your skin. When your skin is properly hydrated, the occurrence of skin conditions may be prevented from pursuing. So drink plenty of water, especially when you are exposed to extreme physical activities.
Eat Healthy Food
Another way by which you can maintain the suppleness of your skin is to ensure proper nutrition. Eat the right kind of food. Avoid eating unhealthy junk food but if you cannot resist eating them, make sure to drink more water. Water helps flush out the toxins from these kinds of food.
Here is a list of food that can help prevent the fast development of crow’s feet:
- Vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables;
- Nuts like almonds, walnuts;
- Legumes, beans, and lentils;
- Green tea;
- Flaxseed; and
- Whole grains like brown rice, whole wheat, and oats.
Remember to drink fresh and organic juices and have a balanced diet.
Aside from eating healthy, you may also observe the following activities:
- Use facial products that contain natural organic oils;
- Apply dermatologically tested sunscreen with SPF when you go out;
- Apply light moisturizer on the skin, especially on your face;
- Use a skin tightening mask once a weak;
- Get enough sleep;
- Avoid stress-inducing activities;
- Follow a healthy lifestyle; and
- Try yoga and exercises in the morning.
Massage Your Face
Use acupressure and give yourself a quick facial massage. Place your index and middle finger between your brows and massage in a rotating motion for twenty counts. Then place your fingers on each of your temples and apply light pressure for ten seconds. Another ten seconds of light pressure on your jaw joints while gently clenching them.
These massage micromovements help relax facial muscles while enhancing the skin’s texture. When the muscles are relaxed, it helps reduce the risks of tension, stress, and wrinkles, including crow’s feet.
Indulge in Natural Oils
Oils are a natural source of moisturizers and they are chemical-free.
Here are some sources of natural oils that can help you with your anti-wrinkle regimens:
- Coconut Oil: This is rich in antioxidants and can prevent the formation of skin problems such as wrinkles, crow’s feet, and fine lines. Coconut oil is a natural skin moisturizer that softens your skin, hence, reduces wrinkle building and eliminates wrinkles that have already developed.
- Olive Oil: This is one of the most used ingredients for most moisturizers because it is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A and E. Olive oils also protect the skin from extreme sun damage.
- Almond Oil: This helps get rid of crow’s feet. Just a few drops of almond oil can decrease the progress of crow’s feet while eliminating the fine lines that have already developed. Take one or two drops of almond oil on your fingertips and gently apply it under and around your eyes.
- Vitamin E Oil: Massage vitamin E oil on the areas of your face where you want to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet.
- Papaya Oil: Papaya contains high levels of Vitamins A, E, and C. It is also a good source of antioxidants that help maintain the glow and softness of your skin. Thus, papaya oil can be a good defense against crow’s feet and other facial lines.
What triggers crow’s feet?
Crow’s feet are fine short lines found in the corners of your eyes. It is a natural part of aging. When you make any facial expression like squinting, laughing, and smiling, such little lines appear as a result of muscle contractions near your eyes.
Here are the common triggers of crow’s feet:
- Frequent rubbing of your eyes;
- Sun exposure resulting in many forms of skin damages including crow’s feet;
- Sleeping on one side most of the time; and
- Raptured collagen in the skin due to smoking.
Why do I get crow’s feet when smiling?
Crow’s feet are associated with smiling. These facial lines develop because of muscle movement as a person ages. Thus, you will notice that fine lines develop more around the mouth because of the frequent muscle contraction. Other fine lines and wrinkles that appear in the mid-cheek happen because of the loss of muscle volume and bone degeneration.
One of the best ways to combat crow’s feet is the administration of Botox and other clinically recommended treatments. These cosmetic procedures are safe, effective, and reliable which are beneficial for those who are between thirty to forty years old. With the use of these treatments, facial volume and skin firmness can also be acheived.
To ensure that you get the best treatment for your crow’s feet, visit SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors. Our experienced doctors can help you minimize the occurrence of crow’s feet.
Remember that crow’s feet when smiling is not a bad thing!