Acne is a broad skin condition that affects the pilosebaceous unit. It is characterized by chronic inflammations with open and closed comedones, macules, papules, pustules, cysts, and nodules. This is the result of the presence of bacteria that clogged the pores. Acne can be classified from mild congestion and blackheads to painful inflamed cystic acne.
Acne is known to be most common in adolescents but may also occur to anybody – young and old, man or woman, fair-skinned or dark-skinned. In most cases, acne can be a long-term skin disorder, especially when acne scarring starts to form while new outbreaks are continuously accumulating.
Here are some known causes why acne occurs:
- Hereditary: This is one of the most common causes of acne. Genetics is a normal inclination to any skin disorders or health issues.
- Hormonal: The reason why acne mostly occurs in adolescents is brought about by the changes in their body including the hormonal changes or imbalances that happen as they delve into adulthood.
- Bacteria: Some strains of bacteria affect the growth and inflammation of lesions on the skin. Acne-causing bacteria determine the severity and frequency of occurrences of these skin disorders.
- Stress-induced: Stress has become a part of anyone’s lifestyle. For the body to cope with a stressful environment, the body produces a steroid hormone known as cortisol. This hormone, in turn, induces and overdrives the oil glands that result in over-clogged pores, hence, acne outbursts.
- Excess Oil: As much as oil secreted by the body’s oil glands are healthy to the body, too much of it may adversely affect the skin. Oil superfluity may lead to acne flare-ups and skin blemishes.
- Diet: There are food groups that trigger the oil glands to congest the skin. Some of these food includes wheat, dairy, sugar, greasy food, fast food, chocolate, and food that you are sensitive to.
- Gut Function: The gut’s primary function is to digest food, absorb the nutrients from the food, and excrete the waste or toxins from the food that is unnecessary for the body. Thus, what your gut processes will be revealed through your skin.
- Skincare Products: There are hundreds of new skincare products developed and launched all over the world each day but some of their ingredients may cause and incite the outburst of acne. Always read the label and fine prints of any makeup or skincare products that you buy and use on your skin as they may trigger acne build-up.
Knowing these causes may help you reduce the risks of acquiring or stimulating acne build-up or outbursts. Take control of your lifestyle and learn how you can cut down on things and activities that may clog your pores and cause acne to develop.
The symptoms of acne include red inflamed areas, blackheads, whiteheads, rough and painful bumps, nodules, and for some there can be pus present. Many people who suffer from acne have a variety of blemishes such as blocked pores and pus-filled pustules. These symptoms are most common during the puberty stage or as you become a young adult. Just when you want to look your best, acne stealthily happens.
Some acne cases tend to be the result of triggers that have a short-term effect like when you are having your menstrual period and your hormones are acting up. Other acne cases tend to come and go, while most cases have a long-term effect which at times lead to acne scarring.
What is acne scarring?
Acne scarring is the result of deep-seated acne outbreaks where the skin is laid down to heal the damage. This usually happens when acne cysts and nodules start to clear out and scarring simultaneously forms.
Just like any other scar, acne scars can be treated. Acne scarring can also be prevented by treating the acne before they clear out and before the scar takes shape. The best thing to do is to find experienced and licensed cosmetic doctors that can provide amazing acne treatment Kew.
Acne Treatments Available for You
There is no exact acne treatment that works for everyone as it varies on the severity and frequency of acne occurrence and the skin type of the person. Some people can get rid of acne by simply sleeping it off, while others have difficulty battling with their acne. There are instances when acne does not respond to topical treatments and others have an adverse reaction to these creams that worsens their acne.
The best way to treat acne is to visit your trusted cosmetic doctors who have undergone extensive training to understand the individual needs of every patient. Find a skin clinic that will work with you and provide you the best treatment that works well with your skin.
Here are available acne treatment in our Kew office:
Laser treatment is one of the most effective techniques for removing acne scars. This treatment directly targets the affected area without damaging the surrounding skin. It uses an intensive light pulse system that targets the most severe types of acne and deep-seated acne scars.
Our Kew office uses carbon dioxide and erbium lasers that penetrate deep into the skin providing vast improvement to the condition of your acne while preventing a scar to develop. Laser treatments also help induce the production of collagen in the skin. This technique is a versatile treatment as it is safe and effective for most skin types.
Microdermabrasion is used to treat the more serious types of acne. This treatment is a minimally abrasive technique that gently exfoliates the surface of your skin. It is an effective treatment plan for combating acne and preventing it from reoccurring. Our cosmetic doctors in Kew use tiny crystals to physically unclog your pores leaving it soft, smooth, and acne-free. It is a non-invasive treatment that is suitable for any type of skin.
Other treatments available are subcision, TCA CROSS, chemical peels, and microneedling. Choosing the right treatment depends on the severity and frequency of acne occurrence, the extent of acne scars, and skin type. At SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors Kew, you will get a Personalised diagnosis to ensure that you will receive the best treatment for your acne and acne scars.
Visit SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors today and revive your acne-free complexion with our Kew acne treatment!