Acne scars may have a big impact on our lives. Dermal fillers can also be used to treat acne scarring, aside from the signs of ageing. Here are 5 facts to better understand the use of fillers for acne scar removal.
- 95% of people that develop acne scarring need treatment. Most would resort to creams and other treatments prior to considering fillers as a solution. Dermal fillers are made from HA (HA) which is a safe injectable treatment that boosts collagen production in the skin.
- Acne scarring can cause emotional problems in patients. For most patients, removal of acne scarring will improve the way you feel inside and out.
- Injectable dermal fillers are best used for shallow, saucer shaped scarring to fill in or plump up the damaged area of scarring. It may not completely remove acne scars, however, it will be reduced. The improvement will be based on the degree of scarring but the realistic results are still satisfactory
- Dermal fillers for acne scars are temporary fix that will last 6 to 12 months.
- There is minimal downtime for dermal filler treatments. Patients can resume their normal routines within a couple of days. There may be swelling and bruising but will significantly be reduced after only a couple of hours.
At Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors, the goal in using dermal fillers is to improve the appearance of acne scars. Book a consultation to determine whether injectable fillers are the right treatment for your acne scarring.